Please help me.

Discussion in 'New Players' started by exhusband, Jan 10, 2015.

1. exhusband

exhusband New Member

So I picked up this game, I think the idea is wonderful, and the gameplay is face-paced and fun.

Here's my problem.

I die in two hits.

2 Bots eat me for lunch, and there's nothing i can do about it.

Is it the free heroes I have? I have spent an entire game hitting once and running, and attacks come from off screen and kill me. After a certain point in the game, the enemy heroes just 1-2 shot me.

It's really frustrating, and I don't know what to do. This seems like a great game, and I'm insanely jealous of people who say (well play with bots first, that should be easy-- I haven't gotten close to winning a single game. It makes me wanna throw this phone, because I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Every team the computer has put together has destroyed every single person on my team. Double, triple kills. Skills do no damage against enemies, even first blood. I swing, they just chuckle and then 2 shot me. I had to put the game down when I played the free tank, and got 2 shot just like the mage, just like the fighter. Please help me, I really want to enjoy this game.

2. Astolleon

Astolleon Active Member

Let me try to help you. This will be long
    1st up, try the tutorials (though u most probably already hav)
    Use ranged hero first, for the learning stages. This applies in coop only and as the first learning stage.

1. Learn your roles.
    There are fighter, mage, tank, support. I suggest using either fighter or mage for learning stages. Your roles for both of these is to deal as much dmg as u can without gettin killed.
    2. Items.
    Do buy items at the start of the game. Suggested items are 2 squires patience if u are fighter and 2 squires wisdom if u are mage. After you get 300g, buy a shoe. After tht save up 1100g to buy facebreaker, if ur fighter and ruby ring if ur mage. This will set you up for a fair standing in early game coop. I suggest after this, to experiment with other items. Do not be afraid of dying in coop, this is where u learn.
    3. Attcking and killing.
    Soldiers will always go for the other sides soldier first unless none can be found in sight. They will also change target and attack the first enemy that attacks their own heroes. Therefore, try to kill as much soldiers first before attacking the enemy hero unless the soldiers already is occupied with ur ally(should be the tank)
    Tower will also do the same, kill of soldiers first unless their heroes gets dmged by u. Thus, do not atk an enemy hero under the tower, it will atk u back. Towers will also only take 30% of ur dmg. U will only deal full dmg if ur soldiers are near the enemy tower. Even if u cant kill an enemy hero, try to at least dmg it so tht u can get gold frm assisting. Make sure to last hit as many enemy soldiers as u can as they give u gold as well. Do not let any of ur own soldiers get the last hit on enemy soldier & the tower. Tht wuld be wasting gold.
    4. Offense, defense, retreat.
    For now in coop, always focus on the fighters and mages 1st. Leave tanks and supports for later. As said earlier, kill as much creeps as u can. Assume a defensive position by letting enemies approach u rather thn u approach them. If u r under ur tower, try to get the enemy hero to dmg u, this will incite ur tower and soldiers to focus it. If enemy forces outnumber u, retreat, do not engage. U will surely die. Always wait for backup, be it only soldiers or even better, ally heroes. Do not take on the enemy by urself.
    5. Skills.
    Read up on ur hero skills. (Pls do so before u enter the game so tht u dont make ppl wait)
    Understand wht each skill does. There are guides for each hero here in the forums so u can understand them better. Always get ur ult(4th skill) when u reach lv6. Generally most heroes increase their ult each time u get a chance, which is on lv6,9,12. There are however some heroes who will benefit more frm increasing other basic skills. They are sandwalker, Grey Witch, goroshia.
    6. Do not get greedy.
    Many new players die becos the enmy has low hp and they chase to the point of offering themselves as a gift to the enemies. For now, if an enemy retreats beyond safe range, do not pursue, more chances will surely come.
    7. Do not let enemies get an advantage
    Make sure ur enemies are not higher lv or richer thn u are. U can do this by not dying to them. Escape as best as u can. Deny them gold by dropping their hp low as this will force their AI to retreat. Make sure they miss out on their soldier kills. In coop it is easier to regain lv advantage simply by killing soldiers. If not, kill a neutral creature to get exp. Beware tho as not all heroes can take neutral camps at low lvs.

Thts all for now. Will help u if u hv any more question

Aeszarck likes this.
  3. Serquet70

Serquet70 Ex Staff

Astollen gave a pretty good explanation, but do not play the tutorial. I do not know why the hell they decided to make the tutorial the way it is, but it is awful (if they haven't changed it from a few months ago).

I sent you a PM

4. Redmanc

Redmanc DUX

Great answer. +1

5. Astolleon

Astolleon Active Member

Thank you so much. :D

6. LastStand

LastStand Well-Known Member

Part of this game is learning over time! You'll get used to it after a little bit and be pro in no time! :)

7. Redmanc

Redmanc DUX

Your welcome, we try to reward players that come on here to help other members and learn the game.This is exactly what brings new people to the forums.

"I Found a great forum for the game today, i got some help from some experienced players, you should check it out!"

Thats what probably happened to this gentlemen after you gave him a great answer.

8. SuchDogeVeryWow

SuchDogeVeryWow Active Member

Bro, you're exactly the example of what we need in our HOC community. Somebody who is new to the game, but seeks out help and will take advice and eventually become a pro yourself.

When you're starting off in Co-op, it's best to pick a hero like elf (Dark Elf Exile, Ihaelryna), who is easy to use and pretty strong. Basically, fighters are, to me, the simplest class to play. Astolleon's advice is great. He gives you a great rundown of what to do and what not to do in matches. Also, if you are losing in co-ops, then really that's horrible. Most of the time there will always be a person who can singlehandedly take on the whole team of bots. If you're losing solo, alright, I get that. You're new, everybody starts off somewhere.

When you are starting off, I recommend that you pick one hero, and become familiar with him/her. I suggest that you pick a cheap hero like Elf, Chameleon, or Paladin. There are guides on this forum to help you become familiar with any hero you want. I myself have made 2 guides, one on Paladin and one on Sand Walker.

Even though there are many other better choices for heroes, they are very expensive and take a long time to learn and use with proficiency. Also, tablets and talents come as your first priority in this game. Let's take a mediocre hero like Chameleon. 4800 Emblems, very easy to rack up, and quite easy to learn. However, there are better heroes in general, like Debronee. However, he is very expensive (28000 emblems) and that will take forever to rack up if you don't spend IRL money on this game. Anyway, with the other 23200 Emblems you save from buying Chameleon instead of Debronee, you can build chameleon with talents, tablets, etc. Read up on guides on this forum if you want to learn about what a hero does, and how to play that hero.

When you do start PvP, I recommend that you don't play in Ranked matches. When people see that you have "nooby" skills equipped, they will leave, flame you, etc. HOC's community is pretty horrible. Way too many ragers and 5 year olds...Also, if you lose repetitively, it can really be a pain in the arse to get from Bronze to Silver league.

Instead, play unranked. You are challenging yourself against other players, and when you play against people better than you, you get better! The bots will prove to be easier than straw dummies quick enough. You also get more emblems from this mode than co-ops. Even if you lose, its still 20 more emblems on average, and if you win, you get 180 emblems.

EDIT: Some great heroes for "learning the ropes" are:
    Ihaelryna (dark elf exile)- 3500 emblems
    Lebmont (demon hunter) -28000 emblems, but he is free quite often
    Erefern (Earth colossus) -950 emblems, can buy with your free starting emblems
    Rock Fist (Frostland Guardian -1800 emblems

Hope this helped you!

9. LastStand

Isn't elf 950 emblems?

10. xiphoidDonut

xiphoidDonut Well-Known Member

Yep.

11. SuchDogeVeryWow

12. LastStand

Not that I know of!

13. SuchDogeVeryWow

Yeah, I'm pretty sure elf's price was changed while she got the buff.

14. Blacknova7

Blacknova7 New Member

I would confirm but I wouldn't know

I guess this post was pointless :s

15. LastStand

Lol go away noob! =p just kidding!

16. peachyfuzz

peachyfuzz Active Member

17. supersimon68

supersimon68 Member

What I did when I played co op was I'd play as elf and wait till the computers came near our tower. When the enemy hit me once I'd run towards my base until the tower starts to hit them and then I'd stun the computer so the tower can finish him off and I'd get the exp/gold. It's better to play as a ranged hero because they can kite and poke, meaning they can damage a hero without any contact or initiating a fight. What I suggest u do is hit the enemy bots and run when they come near u, then when they have little health left chase them. Also don't ever chase them when they go near their tower because the tower will 2 shot u. And like others suggest it's a good idea to buy items during the beginning of the game since u get bonus attack/health/Defense

18. gazul_furry

gazul_furry Member

If you want you can add me gazul_furry and I'll help you get better.

19. razerx100

razerx100 Forgotten Member

I don't think the OP has replied once