Reccommend me some anime

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HarvestFTW, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Chrisp

Chrisp Member

Yeah no. Fate/stay night goes first, no argument. Fate/Zero has more 'spoilers' and requires you understand the themes from F/SN. One can get the most out of the series by reading the F/SN VN, watching F/Z, then reading the Fate/hollow ataraxia VN. But seeing as most people don't have the patience or attention span for vnshit, Ufotable's Unlimited Blade Works then their upcoming adaptation of Heaven's Feel then F/Z is the best route. DEEN's adaptations were shit so avoid.

2. Haharanger

Haharanger Well-Known Member

Well for anime only's, I always feel that people miss out the emotional parts at the beginning of FSN 2014 if they don't watch FZ first, and FSN spoils FZ's ending. But you're right about FZ spoiling multiple important plot points in FSN, especially the ones only revealed in HF route, so it's kind of a trade off.
    I'm not sure about the part of FZ requiring FSN knowledge, I started with FZ then 2006 then VN then 2014 and I had no problem.

3. Skyzor

Skyzor Member

Watch highschool dxd muahahshahahaha

4. HarvestFTW

HarvestFTW Member

I'll be having a look at a that @DragonFire92x hopefully no one pulls it up and wonders if I'm getting dating techniques though. It sounds a bit short though, does it completely look at all their characters, stories etc. ?

@Skyzor I have actually watched DxD, but despite it being rated as one of the best eccchi I actually enjoyed an anime called "haganai" more, though infinite Stratos was enjoyable season 2 was missing some things that made S1 good.

@jeremydreamer17 i have actually watched 224 episodes of pokèmon but got annoyed at the mc for not actually progressing, it was like a reset with new characters each time. But I did only watch 174 episodes of yugioh before I got bored so I guess pokemon did pretty well.

BTW I finished clannad and after story.... Woah that was one heck of a ride, happy tears and sad tears plus a lot of laughing, which means that it managed to affect my emotions which is supposably the sign of a good anime.

P.s @Haharanger why did you choose that profile pic compared to some of the other awesome spirits (Hercules and lancer FTW) or
    pre-guilty Emiya?
    As for the watch order, I've compared it to star-wars, which order did you watch those?

5. DragonFire92x

DragonFire92x One True God

It's one of those animes that are far from complete due to not enough material in the light novel.

6. HarvestFTW

HarvestFTW Member

@DragonFire92x i finished it, please tell me there is a plan for continuation

7. Haharanger

Haharanger Well-Known Member

Cuz I find everything about archer badass. :D:D:D
    And please please don't hit me...
    ... I haven't watched Star Wars yet.

8. Akatsuki

Akatsuki Relinquish your spark.

Log Horizon is best. :"> apparently, its plot is like SAO, but they don't freak out because they got stuck in a game, because duh, everyone wants that, lol.

Katanagatari is also a good anime, me and @crimsonwaves usually argue about it, though >.>

9. xiphoidDonut

xiphoidDonut Well-Known Member

10. Chrisp

Chrisp Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also >unironically liking mobas and linking memecenter or any image macro for that matter
    eat shit in a fire

11. Lebmont as himself

Lebmont as himself Member

12. drunknova

drunknova Member

Sword art online SAO naruto and ONE PIECE GOOD ANIME AND Dbz dragonballz i dont really like it much but i seen plenty ppl watch it

13. DragonFire92x

If anyone is into sports anime:

Kuroko no Basuke. Basketball anime that is three seasons long (and finishes properly) that kept me interested throughout. It is about an amazing team of five great players in middle school that split off to different high schools. But there was a sixth member who is more of a support player who ends up competing against the others.

One Outs. Baseball anime though it has a clever twist to it. Basically the main character signs a contract with the manager so that he earns 5 million yen per strikeout but pays 50 million yen if he lets a runner reach home. It has that aspect in death note of thinking ahead of your opponent as the manager and other teams try to screw him over.

14. drunknova

drunknova Member

I wondEr how much anime in total :/

15. HarvestFTW

HarvestFTW Member

Wow haven't logged on in a whilst, on a positive note I've finished all my high school exams, still haven't found Nagisa though :(
    Katanagatari?? Haven't heard of it, what category is it, or if you can without spoiling what is it about?

Haven't started up again, got to 175, started new season then got to a weird filler arc and couldn't start back up again
    the one where Gray has a dance off

Seen SAO, waiting for third season, but couldn't get into one piece due to the fact that in the 60 or so episodes it takes to get good i could finish another whole decent anime. Haven't touched naruto or DBZ though.

Haven't actually started a sport anime, maybe it's time to start one, which do you feel is better of the two though? I have heard a lot of jokes saying that if you see baseball in an anime it's good.

How many I've seen or all up?

16. drunknova

drunknova Member

Lol u replied every comment just in one post

17. Deadlykittykat

Deadlykittykat New Member

Hunter x Hunter is a great one!

HarvestFTW likes this.
  18. DragonFire92x

19. OP Battle Mage

OP Battle Mage I am a hore

I WATCH NIGAHIGA TOO!!!
    I love Ryan

20. supersimon68

supersimon68 Member

not sure if this has already been listed yet but you should watch 'Welcome to the NHK' or 'NHK ni Youkoso,' its a anime about loneliness and dealing with lifes problems, its pretty funny in some parts and overall i really enjoyed it