[Savaer] ii_ali3n_ii’s Guide to <Nomad Assassin>

Discussion in 'Fighter Guides' started by ii_ali3n_ii, Sep 19, 2015.

1. ii_ali3n_ii

ii_ali3n_ii Member

Here we go again... back to back, what is this guy doing!

“Move like the wind and leave no footprints on the sand"

Hailing from the nomadic Akhan tribe roaming the Great Desert, Savaer of Akhan leads a band of rogue assassins. Fast and deadly, if you see Savaer coming – it’s already too late.

After reviewing the Assassin guides currently available, they are all outdated and it appears that at some point his second skill received a slight buff, making him even more deadly now.

The nomad assassin is probably my favorite fighter in the game, and he can be very deadly at all times during the game (good late game scaling). His jump skill is one of the best gank skills along with its ability to allow you to easily escape from trouble. I personally prefer to build more of a tank-style assassin, and I find that most people will still try to kill me first, which usually does not end well for them. I also like to jungle with him until level 6, periodically running out to lane and going for a gank.

Skills:

1. Power Strike: Savaer leaps forward, damaging nearby enemies.
    Effect: Movement speed reduction by 40% for 3 seconds. Damage: 100/150/200/250 + [40% Physical Attack]. Enemies marked directly by the assassin receive an additional 40/70/100/130 Physical damage.

Cost: 100 MP; Cooldown: 12/11/10/9 sec; Range: 12/13/14/15 m

This skill is great for escaping from battles, jungling, and also surprise atttacks. Also a great gap closer.

2. Cross Slash: Savaer slashes his enemy causing severe bleeding.

Effect: Damage: 50/60/70/80 + [30% Physical Attack]. Enemies marked directly by the assassin receive an additional 40/70/100/130 Physical damage.

Cost: 80 MP; Cooldown: 10 sec; Range: 4 m

This is his main damage skill and should be maxed first. It should be used immediately after jumping in and engaging or the second you see them start to retreat.

3. One Hit One Kill: Savaer becomes a true assassin
    Effect: Normal Attacks gain a 10/15/20/25% chance to mark the enemy. The mark lasts for 10 seconds. The enemy who has been marked will suffer a 10/15/20/25% reduction in Movement and Attack Speed.

Cost: 50 MP; Cooldown: 15 sec; Range: 11 m

I always initiate the attack with this skill, as it provides a nice slow and also has good range. It can also be used to get away when in trouble or to assist a teammate.

4. Scorpion Sting: Savaer identifies his target’s weak point and strikes with lethal precision.
    Effect: Damage: 200/300/400 + [60% Physical Attack].

Cost: 100/125/150 MP; Cooldown: 70 sec; Range 12 m

This is one of the more difficult skills to master, as your scorpion will often hit another hero or creeps that are in the way. Also, the heal aspect of the skill has been known to not work, although if you are 1v1 with someone, I find it works great and is the difference between feeding and dominating.

Skill Leveling: Recommended skill sequence is 1,2,3,2,2,4,2,3,4,3,3,4,1,1,1
    Secondary sequence: 1,2,3,2,2,4,2,1,4,1,1,4,3,3,3

I like to weaken the other hero rather than burst damage on them, mainly to get them to fight me and not just run, and this is why I prefer to max the marking skill before the jump, although either skill ordering works, you just have to try both and see which one you prefer. The neutral is great on other fighters with high attack speed, as it brings it down a significant amount, allowing you to survive longer in a 1v1 situation.

Skill Combo: My favorite is 3,1,2 then use normal attacks (be sure to drag and drop the jump, because it has a higher range then the mark so that you can jump behind them). If you are lvl 6, then if you get to low health, use ultimate for a nice heal (my favorite is to use sneak, run behind the target, and then combo 4,3,2 and if they blink away, use 1 to catch up.

Another strategy is 1,3,2 which I find also works, you just get a bit less damage out of this sequence.

For my two profile skills, I prefer Fireball 2 and Sneak (usually to escape but also for surprise attacks). I always try to hide the fireball (use it at melee range) and couple it with your second skill, this causes for very high DPS and when they panic and heal, they only get half of it. Sometimes I use teleport in place of the fireball but not usually.

Talents: Fighter/Guardian or Fighter/Support

Tablets:

Rage: Each time you slay an enemy, you regenerate 3% of your Max HP (reduced effect for AoE victims).

This is great for jungling and also getting a quick heal late game without going back to the base.

Malignity: Increase duration of “Sneak” to 6 seconds. Plus, when you’re out of an invisible state, all damage done to you will be decreased by 20%; lasts 5 seconds. This effect can only be triggered once per minute.

This is possibly the best tablet for not dying and feeding the other team. I like to initiate the sneak when running in one direction and then immediately run back the other way or in a separate direction. As soon as the invisibility ends, just jump away and teleport back. Also nice because sneak has a relatively low cooldown time

Bloodfreeze: When a hero’s HP is below 10%, they will only receive 10% damage for 2 seconds. This effect will only be triggered once every 5 minutes.

Can allow you to escape battles or get in a few extra hits (almost every player on Border uses this tablet).

Other Tablets: Desecration, Assistance (with teleport), Immortality (with heal), Courage, Whispering

Tablet Inscriptions: Pierce through Physical/Physical Damage, Max HP, Harvest HP

Items:

Start with 2 squires (some people like to get boots and a squire at the beginning, but I feel this is not the best strategy as my build is focused on being more durable).

Get boots of haste.

Get Lost Hermetist’s Cape (start with light cavalry hat, then black alchemist cape suit, then finish)

Buy face breaker (later built into the longbow)

Buy cloak of dragon’s blood, then sell a squire and buy the amulet of rejuvenation, finish stirring soul of the dragons.

Finish the longbow.

At this point, if you are behind, build more damage items to try and get you back in the game. If you are ahead and don’t need the damage boost, continue to tank up and hassle the opponent. Item builds always change based on the specific game you are in, so from here I will just provide my two most common ending items, although games almost never get to this point.

Note: I generally sell the flame armor late game, but I find that usually I never get to this point.

Final Tank Item Build: Stirring Souls, Hades, Dull Vine Shield, Longbow, Savage/Chain Boots, Essence Stealer –> the more HP you have, the more you receive when using your Scorpion Sting

Final Damage Item Build: Longbow, Watchers Whisper (good for additional slowing), King Killer, Savage Boots, Stirring Souls, Jade Axe / Cutlass (situational)

Good luck on your future assassin play and please feel free to comment on anything.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  2. vahnzizka

vahnzizka Active Member

Good guide, nice to see some love for my first and favorite fighter. Though I don't use him much anymore:angelic:

3. Jsalas19

Jsalas19 New Member