Should Punishment for lobby shopping be remov?

Discussion in 'General' started by Witchthebitch, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Witchthebitch

Witchthebitch New Member

In all practicality, i think the 15pts deduction for lobby shopping should be removed. I think the time of punishment can be increased.

Lets look at the why's:

1)Who lobby shops? Do nubs lobby shop? Or is it the more exprienced players who are genuinely trying to move up in rank? Im pretty sure we can all agree nubs dont care about their rank and thus will stay in any window and have no reason to lobby shop.

2)Why do experienced players lobby shop? Because fundamentally, they can easily tell from experience, skills been used, or names of players as to who is going to bring their team down. The primary reason for lobby shopping is because we see a player (usually order3, order5 or chaos3 or chaos10) who is the weak link and we know for sure tht playing would result in a game lost. Ive specatated diamond players lose because order 3 or chaos 3 is constantly in mid or feeding. Or generally doing silly things tht hold the team back. Ive seen the same problem with gold payers. Granted as you move up in rank you dont meet as many nubs, but in terms of fairness, deducting 15pts from a player who already knows he is going to lose is total nonsense. If he wasnt interested in winning, he would not be lobby shopping in the first place.

I definetely agree that there should be some form of punishment, but no point deduction as this limits a player to literally only 5 rank games per day is he is seriusly trying to move up his rank points. Id much rather see an increase in punishment on my time, maybe having to wait 5-10-15-20mins etc, than to lose 1ts when had i stayed in room i would still lose because of a player who is in rank, but has no genuine interest in moving up in rank.

I understand Gameloft cant limit the players joining rank, nor have they done anything to educate the nub players as to what the "meta" is in rank. But if they are not going to have a proper tutorial, nor having a "kick a player out" feature, then we should be looking at removing the lobby punishment point system.

Feedback and opinions would be greatly appreciated

Troja42 likes this.
  2. greatname

greatname Member

I think the punishment should kick in faster. Everyone who leaves que should be instantly punished (gl need to fix the picking bug first ofc)

3. MyLastDreams

MyLastDreams Well-Known Member

To be honest there shouldn't even be this big of a need for a punishment. Matching is trash and you expect people to not lobby shop? I'm sorry but if my team doesn't even what a lane is I don't care if I'm blocked I'm not wasting my time on a lost cause.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  4. meteorologist

meteorologist Well-Known Member

Can you honestly say this happens to you more than 5 times a day?

Even if the answer is yes (which it isn't because that would mean that you are a noob who despite playing frequently, cannot advance beyond bronze league)... Even if the answer is yes, then just wait till 8pm EST or play another game mode. It's not that deep

DexterVist likes this.
  5. MyLastDreams

MyLastDreams Well-Known Member

Just a statement, I haven't took this game seriously from a competitive point since the second season. Ranks just don't matter to me anymore.

6. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

Like the other games I'm playing, I think that is the best mentality. If you just focus on killing the other team and winning rather than trying to reach the top, you will enjoy games more. I do that with Hearthstone and I do that with Vainglory.

7. Holic2110

Holic2110 Well-Known Member

I agree with OP. I think I made a thread about this before, but I know I've definitely mentioned it at least a couple of times. I had this issue back when I actually cared about rank, which was like two seasons ago. It indeed gets irritating. You can be at my level of skill and still struggle with this punishment. I've been on plenty of losing streaks, looong losing streaks. I've been in many many many lobbies where I absolutely know my team is going to lose, but due to me already having used up all of my lobby leaves for the day, I have to stay, try and make it work and win, while also dealing with the huge possibility of losing an embarrassing and inevitable game. And I those situations would come up sooo often because of the incredible amount of idiots that play rank matches and this stupid punishment just makes players like me have to suffer and play with them.

Witchthebitch likes this.
  8. tacticianx

tacticianx Active Member

1. the ppl with big mouths and think theyre good like to lobbyshop, while noobs just dont care most of the time.

2. ppl lobbyshop because they arent confident in their skills to carry a bad team.

if anything lobbyshopping should be reduced to 3, youre wasting your own and everyones time.
    What does need to change is the game, ranked is basically farming pts, its so easy getting gold but plat = farm with friends.

The only reason i played ranked is for the gold border around my hero, i played 2 games last season and won them, but im here stuck with a disgusting brown border. Otherwise the rewards are so bad i dont even know why people bother playing, or even complain about it

9. juanpuda

juanpuda Active Member

We always blame on Gameloft, but the principal problem is the brain of some players. The world is full of idiots, and many of them download HOC and start playing. They think that farming with Leb is a good idea. They think that Deb is the ultimate terminator in meta. They think picking 5 fighters is cool.

No man, the main problem is not the matchmaking system. The main problem is the stupidity and nonsense of some players.

Troja42 likes this.
  10. Chyox

Chyox Master of Memes & Funmode Fanatic Staff Member

I think you should deal with solo queue limitations or do team ranked. No punishment will lead to lobbies never starting, trolls and people leaving forever until they can pick meng or whatever they want. Been there, seen it, don't want it back.

11. Troja42

Troja42 Active Member

In my opinion something like a formula which calculates how many points you receive/how many points are removed was great. So when you are in a team full of nabs and lose but you have a decent score you don't lose a lot of rank points. Or when you win but the enemy team was full of nabs you don't get a lot of points.
    The calculation should especially contain the factors "your score" and "rank of enemies in the last season".
    I think that would be a very fair solution for the whole ranked problem and nobody would still find it necessary to lobby shop!

meteorologist likes this.