Tips and Tricks for the Faerie Mountain Fox!

Discussion in 'Mage Guides' started by Akatsuki, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Akatsuki

Akatsuki Relinquish your spark.

NOTE: Most of these are tested, if there's any problem with it. Please let me know.

We will be referring to the 'pet' as the 'spirit fox', due to the fact there isn't any other official name released for it.

1.) Lingyue requires proper control of the spirit fox, due to the fact that all her skills revolve in its mechanic.

2.) While the whole 'spirit fox' mechanic maybe new to a few, to players who have played MOBAs such as League of Legends, it really isn't.

3.) Note that Lingyue has exceptional waveclear and healing; but she is VERY mana dependent, making it mandatory to rush mana items as much as possible in order to be of use to the team.

4.) She is like Goldfur; in a way. Goldfur heals and dishes a good amount of damage, although he doesn't have the best waveclear (correct me if I'm wrong, but Discordance still hits minions, even if there're a lot of heroes around).

5.) SHE IS A UTILITY MAGE. I can't express this enough, to those who do not know, utility mages are mages who dishes out as much damage as a normal mage does, but is able to do things that the support can do such as bring CC or heal to the team.

6.) If you read #5, you'd know that you'd have to focus on several things at once, which means you'll have to look through all your allies' HP bar and be the one to adjust and reposition yourself in order to be able to heal.

7.) If you're trying to heal the front line, always use your third spell (Fox Howl) and reposition the spirit fox with her first spell (Spirit Rain), it's always worth it. It does 1-2 ticks of HP, which is about a fourth of their HP.

8.) Lingyue is best picked with a 12-B on your team or a Carlie Q, due to the fact that 12-B has an AoE taunt while Carlie Q has a displacement that gathers all the enemies in one zone, which makes it easier for Lingyue to turn the fight around using her fourth spell (Faerie Swoop), which does a handful of damage and has a stun.

9.) Think Orianna.

10.) You can use your second spell (Summon Soul Bell) while healing the front line to deal damage or fend off away enemy creeps.

11.) First spell can be used like a ward because it provides vision.

12.) Helm of Divine Favor synergizes well with her because she is healed during the duration of the invulnerability.

I'll be adding more to this soon, once I figure out new tricks.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    meteorologist, crash_lord and Chyox like this.
  2. Sadowmancer

Sadowmancer saddy Staff Member

I feel as though she is a mix between a zone mage and a supportive/utility mage. Zone mage because she can easily make enemies back off with the constant ticks of her aoe and support for cc and heals.

Most of these tips are pretty easy to know. But good job.

Here's a tip I would add. If you have a tank with taunts and or pulls use your ultimate on the enemy farthest from you with enemies in between you and that enemy.

Reason: her ultimate damages all enemies it comes in contact with it. If you can damage all enemies while taunted it allows you to greatly cripple them health wise.

meteorologist likes this.
  3. Akatsuki

AFAIK, it still doesn't deal much damage unless you're actually pretty ahead, but it's very great for the stun. It's like an AOE Elf arrow but better.

On a side note, what's your IGN/Platform? I'd love to play with you sometime.

4. Sadowmancer

Ios

5. 3V1LS0UL

3V1LS0UL I liek fizz C:

She would be a high skill ceiling and high skill floor champion if it weren't for the fact she has a fkn heal and if it weren't for her single target stun.

6. Sadowmancer

To balance her out I'd suggest to make her ultimate a skill shot and reduce her heal by either 25% or reduce the radius of the heal by 50%. Making it so she has to be close to front line heroes to heal them putting her in danger and out of position.

meteorologist, Akatsuki and 3V1LS0UL like this.
  7. 3V1LS0UL

3V1LS0UL I liek fizz C:

Wait what? She isn't balanced? Thought she was. Ult as a skillshot is good idea tho since it won't be as easy to play her. Reduced healing is a nice cherry on top.

8. Akatsuki

I feel like the most overpowered thing on her is the heal due to the fact it does so much in such short amount of time, however, only touch that a tad bit and she's fine.

9. Chyox

Chyox Master of Memes & Funmode Fanatic Staff Member

Sometimes it's good to use 1st to provide vision in a fog, high grass, on higher terrain or behind sight-blocking obstacles.

:favor: is a good item on her since the spirit fox continues healing/damaging while :meng: is 'petrified' and also opponents want to take her out quickly (likely to get targeted early in team fight).

10. Akatsuki

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Will add it now.

11. meteorologist

meteorologist Well-Known Member

Or shes just a broken op mage and healing comes secondary to you killing the enemy. Just cuz she has a heal, people think she should heal the whole team. No, that heal only comes if you have the time and mana for it. Her damage output needs to be maximized as the top priority, imo

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  12. meteorologist

It deals huge damage with a good build because it hits twice..

13. meteorologist

She is one of the few heroes in the games that are just broken op, along with seake and frostzel

14. 3V1LS0UL

3V1LS0UL I liek fizz C:

Oh I see. Thought gayloft fixed everything LUL idk what I was thinking when I thought this company did something correctly for once. Single target burst and stun sets up for an easy 1st 2nd combo which should leave people dead right?. Lel gameloft.

15. meteorologist

Thought it might have been sarcasm. Wasn't sure tho

16. Chyox

They need to nerf the 1st skill in a way that it doesn't 'follow' target when it moves after cast, this gives her so much additional range and guaranteed initial damage/harass.
    I guess if she'd be more dependable on drag'n'drop and predicting enemy movements she was way more balanced.

Golem and meteorologist like this.
  17. 3V1LS0UL

3V1LS0UL I liek fizz C:

?? My post? Naw i was completely oblivious and thought gameloft actually got their act together for a bit. But I do understand the burst since I grinded for her.

18. Entropy

Entropy Well-Known Member

That is the problem of the drag and drop game mechanics, whenever you select a target and use any drag and drop skill (fox first skill, monkey, battleengineer, assassin jumping skill..) Those skill will automatically chase the target even if u are jump out of range, the only way you can dodge such skill is use blink or any skill similar (aka kortav decoy).
    This should be ez to fix by changing those aoe drag and drop skill to the CURRENT position of the target when use, rather than the MOVING position of the target.

19. Chyox

It's okay on jumping heroes since they still get in your attack range, so you can react (or even abuse it to drag a jumper out of position). But you can't kill the spirit and meng is too far away + skill has way less CD than most gapclosers.

Golem likes this.
  20. Entropy

Entropy Well-Known Member

I am not saying such game mechanics is op, I am just saying they are using the same mechanics, thats why even you jump out of enemy range, you still see the fairy fly cross your jump distance and still be able to reach you.