What do you hate the most of Rift map?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Levesqmi, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Levesqmi

Levesqmi Well-Known Member

It is not a secret. For me, Rift is the real MOBA-style map. Inspired from DOTA 2 map, Rift is packed with lots of features enabling countless strategies to win the game. But sometimes, there are annoyances on things that you love the most.

For me, I have 2 things that I don't like about Rift are:

1- I want to know IN THE LOBBY which variation of the map it will be: with or without the corner portal. Team strategies and drafting is better optimized when you design it for the right map variation.

2- Poor warding spots, specially if you compare with DOTA2. There are many key places where placing a ward should be possible (e.g. on the corner of the river/Mogul pit on the top of the wall, giving sight on the pit, river AND high ground). Better warding spots will favor better warding, and better de-warding.

Now it is your turn, what do you hate the most on Rift map? Please keep it to the map (graphics, environment, path, jungles, etc) and nothing else.

2. Silvermagma

Silvermagma MOUSE OP TOP KAPPA NO KAPPA KAPPA

Not something I "hate" , but I think dragon needs a buff.

P.S did I write my username right this time :p ?

atchodas likes this.
  3. rivercrow19

rivercrow19 Anti-mod

i hate the chaos jungle its so maze like compared to order jungle that gives a pretty clesr path to other lanes and its nuetral creeps

Holic2110, Leo798(7) and vahnzizka like this.
  4. epicized9118

epicized9118 Member

That's why its Chaos :)

5. Mutedfaith

Mutedfaith Well-Known Member

To be fair red jungle is kind of shitty for both sides

6. rivercrow19

rivercrow19 Anti-mod

yea but it still is relatively direct just that it has that huge wall u have to get around to make it to mid lane while chaos is a bunch of twist and turns

atchodas likes this.
  7. Mutedfaith

Mutedfaith Well-Known Member

Way I see it both red jungles have good access for invading mid and opposite blue jungle. Maybe I'm kind of biassed since most of the time I'm on the chaos side but I kind of like chaos red jungle better than orders

8. tronestar

tronestar Member

I hate how the jungle creeps are so weak the only real challenge at level one is blue buff and by challenge i mean you might lose more then half your health. Currently jungling is a thing some heroes are slightly better at but any hero can jungle. I just feel like jungles going down in three seconds level one kind of defeats the whole role of a jungler and ofc if they are buffed the rewards can be buffed too, and maybe respawn timers increased so that junglers invade more often instead of waiting around.

Levesqmi likes this.
  9. Levesqmi

Could you precise your idea? Do you mean that the access to cross from your jungle to the enemy side should be more direct?

10. amoxicilIin

amoxicilIin Well-Known Member

Could you explain the red jungle being better to gank mid lane please, I find blue side easier to gank from on both sides cause you can clear blue side, be level 3 and gank mid. For red i usually end up far away near the red buff. Do you start at red level 1?

what i hate about the rift map tho is that the camps don't get harder as the game progresses, that would actually make it feel more worth it to have a legit jungler and maybe make the machete item give bonus gold for kill a full camp like +30-50 so they can stay relevant. Maybe add the smite skill like alot of people want.

11. Swedishviking

Swedishviking Well-Known Member Staff Member

IMO order jungle have an easier Invade route for spiders, and it takes less time to go to chaos spider from order side, also easier escape route from chaos spiders.

I dont like not knowing if the game is gonna be with or without portals

Holic2110 likes this.
  12. LordSuteo

LordSuteo The Watcher

What i hate on rift map? Its only ta freaking lags! :wacky:My android is always lagging on this map, and i can remember times when there wasnt any lags on android. It all started when nuut and evistix come out.

13. Akise

Akise no longer Detective

I shouldn't be able to clear a jungle camp in 6 seconds with horse
    I shouldn't be able to jungle with elf
    I shouldn't be able to cross to Chaos's spiders with ease but can't access the Order's spiders as easy
    There shouldn't be a Horse soloing bosses at level 7
    Fix the damn jungle

14. atchodas

atchodas Well-Known Member

Lol elf starts 1shoting jungle camps at lvl 7 like a boss she is

On a serious note - jungle is kinda ez mode in hoc , i bet league jungling would be like rocket science to 95% of HoC playerbase so we cant really expect to have it ( Imagine leashing a blue buff in this game lol oh my oh my :D games would end right there )
    Also this allows to have double junglers in a 5v5 map which is alwaya fun . Boss should be buffed but i dont agree about drake , drake is big creep in any moba and every moba has champs who can take him very early this is part of the game .
    Also its true that chaos spiders are easy to invade and steal but to balance it out chaos has boss near them which is huge advantage imo

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  15. Levesqmi

Thanks guys, lot of very interesting points!
    • I do agree about jungling that could be improved (maybe just buff the "buff jungles" like a closer in-between bears and dragon difficulty, leaving the other camp as is?)
    • I do agree also that Mogul should be a team objective not a solo take by a hero mid-game.
    • I do agree that it is hard to steal the Order spiders while much more easy to steal chaos's
    Keep them coming!

One more annoyance I have:
    • Many bushes are bugged. There are spots within them where you "think" you are in the bush, but you are instead in a small dead zone between the bush and the tree line behind, loosing sight of the bush. When chasing (or being chased) and entering that spot, you are screwed almost every single time.

16. atchodas

atchodas Well-Known Member

I hate that Rift version without portals has diferent PoV which makes my eyes roll , personally i would prefer a map without portals when playing ranked ( less dependant on your team , easier to carry ) but not with that PoV .. Oh god
    Also like people alrdy mentioned - we need to know which version of rift we get in a lobby it cant be random

17. Levesqmi

That is a good point. Not only with/without TP map is different in strategies, but all markers we have to call out the lanes are different:

With portal: Bottom lane is blue buff lane for Order, red buff late for Chaos
    Without portal: Bottom lane is red buff lane for Order, blue buff lane for Chaos

If there is such thing as 2 versions of the map, the bases should always remain in the same corners for both of them. Bottom left for Order, Top right for Chaos.

18. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

Mainly the fact that it's much easier for Order blue to take red and spiders than it is for Chaos blue to do the same.

And the switch of portal and non portal maps.

19. SeasonedSalt

SeasonedSalt Well-Known Member

All jungle mobs excluding Guardian should be buffed slightly not by much to handicap junglers.

20. vahnzizka

vahnzizka Active Member

Jungle camps should just lvl up every time they get cleared, providing more gold and xp each time. Bosses should be immune to damage dealt based off their % of HP (T'Saad and horse). Another way to balance it would be give the bosses a giant damage buff but that buff decreases for every hero attacking it. So horse can't solo drag early but with two team mates running from lane to help the damage drag deals is reduced.

Other then that the portal should be taken out or have a cd like in trains map.